Friday, June 11, 2010

Mmm....Lightly breaded eggplant


Except for that one piece in the middle, doesn't that look delicious?!?!  Mmmm, I'm getting hungry just looking at that.  I have been roasting every vegetable possible.  And I've learned that roasted eggplant is NOT good.  It is mushy and can burn easily if not watched.  HOWEVER...if you add some panko bread crumbs it "crisps" up wonderfully.  And the hardest part of this recipe, is cutting the eggplant into thin slices.  And I'm proud to say I came up with this one on my own.  I know, how hard can it be w/three ingredients, but still!

1 medium eggplant
1 c panko bread crumbs
2-3 egg whites, whisked lightly

Slice eggplant into slices about 1/4 inch thick (personally try not to slice it bigger than your pinkie).  Dip eggplant into eggwhites, then into the panko bread crumbs. Lay eggplant in a single layer on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.  Cook 375 degree oven for approx. 20 minutes, turning half way though.  Serve with spaghetti sauce.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! Tracy, is it really easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime, it is SOOOO easy. I also do it with zucchini.

    ReplyDelete