Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rice & Beans with Keilbasa

Two things before the recipe:
1. I must only cook when I'm on summer leave or maternity leave; I see a trend in my posting.
2. I love my new camera and how "decent" this photo turned out with one click!
1 lb. kielbasa; cut into bite-sized pieces
4 to 5- 16 ounce cans red beans; drained and rinsed
2- 14 and 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes
1 onion; chopped
hot pepper sauce to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours, or on high setting for 4 to 5 hours. Prepare rice and serve atop. Serves 6 to 8.
I really enjoyed this; thinking I'll have it for leftover lunch today. Curt gave it a 6 ou of 10 and then said he'd give it a B. Huh? 6 out of 10 is a 60%/D. I'm going to have to talk to him about his grading.

No comments:

Post a Comment