Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rosted Veggies

There are 3 reasons I haven't been posting much:
1. We are trying to save money and use up things we have in our freezer (recipes already posted)
2.  With school ending soon I just don't have the time to take pictures and post new recipes.
3.  I started South Beach this past weekend and not all recipes are WW friendly. 

However, I did roast some veggies the last few night and I am LOVING it, so I thought I'd share.  Sorry no picture this time!  Maybe I'll take one tonight.

In a ziplock bag toss in any cut up veggies (see below for suggestions).  Add a splash of olive oil.  Shake the bag to combine.  Spray a cookie sheet w/non stick spray and spread out the veggies so it forms a single layer.  Bake for 25 min at 400 degrees.  (turn veggies once during cooking, or just shake the pan a few times like I do!)  Add a little salt and/or pepper for seasoning and you're done.  I'm getting hungry just thinking of this for dinner tonight.

Here are some of the veggies I've tried roasting so far:
broccoli
cauliflower
baby zucchini
yellow squash
asparagus
canned artichoke hearts
grape or cherry tomatoes
jicima
peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment