Monday, May 3, 2010

Stove Top Chicken Bake


A while ago I got this recipe from Kraft Recipes: http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/stove-top-one-dish-chicken-57497.aspx.  I made it for my family and we weren't in love with it, so I remade it last week (sorry for the slow response to post!) a little made-over.  We liked it a little more, not 100% in love with it, however Chloe ate it for several meals afterwards. 

My recipe is as follows:
1 2/3 cups hot water
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix for Chicken
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
3/4 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup (I used healthy request)
1/3 cup Sour Cream (not packed)
1 c frozen corn
Pepper to taste

Place chicken in an 8x8 pan.  Mix together cream of chicken soup, sour cream, pepper and frozen corn.  Layer on top of chicken.  Add hot water to stuffing mix; stir just until moistened. Pour on top of soup mixture. 
Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is done.  I liked this...didn't love it, but I liked it.  I would have liked it more if I would have cut my chicken smaller though!  You want BITE size pieces!  Brian claimed there was too much corn...whatever, it's the ONLY vegetable he'll eat.  Live with it dude!  I did enjoy this better this time around than the original recipe.


I cannot find my recipe anywhere (nor can I find where I wrote down the points!) so I THINK this was 6 points for 1/4 of the pan.  Double check your math though just to be sure!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete