Saturday, November 13, 2010

Enchilada Lasagna

YUM! That's what the title of this recipe from Becoming Betty should be. I LOVED this one! (Although I personally would add black beans and corn next time but the family will protest!) This is another recipe that has cottage cheese in it and my family has NO idea!

Photo is coming soon...I accidentally deleted the photo so I have to wait until Brian heats up the leftovers....


1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef (I used 1 lb ground turkey)

1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can stewed tomatoes (14 oz.) (I used tomato sauce instead)
1 can red enchilada sauce (10 oz.)
1 1/2 tsp. cumin
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
3 cups shredded cheese
4 flour tortillas, cut in half

Brown beef with onion and garlic. Add tomatoes, enchilada sauce and cumin. Bring to a boil and then turn down to low and simmer for 20 minutes. In a separate bowl, combine egg and cottage cheese. In a 9X13 pan, spread 1/2 of the meat sauce. Layer with 1/2 of cheese, 1/2 of tortillas and 1/2 of cottage cheese. Repeat layers and sprinkle with a little more cheese. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes covered with foil and 15 minutes uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment