Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cheeseburger Pasta

Thought of you Tracy when I came across this one :)

1 & 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
3/4 lb ground turkey meat
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 can no salt added diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon steak seasoning
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
chopped green onions optional

--Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook meat and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain meat. Drain noodles and combine with meat mixture in pan.

--Stir in tomatoes, relish, mustard, ketchup, steak seasoning, and seasoned salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.

--Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Top with green onions if desired.

Makes 4 servings; WW+ points is 11 pts.
2 stars from each of us. Not yummy at all. I didn't give it a 1 because I didn't gag on it but I did not enjoy it nor did Curt. I did use sweet relish and the whole time I ate it I was thinking this is too tangy; not sure if a dill relish would work better or to lessen the amount as well as the amount of ketchup. The website gave it 4.5 stars so I'm suprised Curt and I are so way off from that. Try it and tell me what you think...


No comments:

Post a Comment