Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Apples and Pears over Sweetened Ricotta


I found this recipe on the weight watchers website, and I LOVE it!  In fact, I'm eating this right now.  I love it! This is yummy!! (But I love ricotta!)


Ingredients:
1 small apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 small pear, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
4 tsp of your favorite no calorie sweetener like stevia, Equal, Splenda, etc. – adjust for taste
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
splash of vanilla

Directions:
Place apple, pear, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of your favorite no calories sweetener in a small sauce pan. Cover and cook over medium heat until somewhat soft, about 4 to 5minutes. (I microwaved this for about 2-3 min to cut down on the prep/mess).

Meanwhile, combine remaining sweetener, cinnamon and vanilla with ricotta in a small bowl. Serve hot fruit over ricotta.

WW+ pts = 1

2 comments:

  1. I've never had plain ricotta...does it taste like cottage cheese? I probably could just do the recipe with cottage cheese; it does sound good! Was it filling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it tastes nothing like cottage cheese. Way yummier!! It is filling if you add a lot of fruits to it.

    ReplyDelete