Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Salsa Soup

I was struggling to find something healthy, filling and low points for lunch today and through a bunch of random clicks through other people's posts/blogs, I came upon a link for Salsa soup. It sounded a little gross (the thought of eating salsa as a soup that is!), yet hopefully healthy, I decided to take a look at it. Then I looked in my pantry. And I was amazed that I had all of the ingredients on hand to make a half batch! Which worked our perfectly because it totally filled my smaller crockpot and gave me lots of leftovers for lunches.


Ingredients:
1 onion, chopped
2 (16 ounce) can dark kidney beans
2 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (15 ounce) can of chicken broth
2 (10 ounce) cans of Rotel, undrained 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
crushed tortilla chips (optional)

Directions:
Place the onion, kidney beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.


Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

Soup (12 servings) w/out cheese, sour cream or tortillas = 4 ww+ pts per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment