Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Weight Watchers Version of Tracy's Easy Chicken & Rice

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter -- I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light
1/4 cup flour
3 chicken boullion cubes
2 cups skim milk
3 cups, cubed chicken cooked-- I used Hormel's precooked, sliced chicken
2 cups brown rice
1 bag of frozen corn
1/2 bag of frozen peas
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
Directions:
Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Mix in boullion cubes and flour. Gradually mix in milk. Continuously stir until boiling. Take off of heat and add in the chicken, corn, and peas.
Layer rice in bottom of buttered square casserole dish (I used spray Pam for 0 points).
On top spread the chicken/vegetable mixture. Top with cheddar cheese.
Bake covered in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
My Notes:
So I changed this recipe only slightly from Tracy's. I used 2 cups of rice instead of 3 to lower the amount of carbs and added in the vegetables that wasn't in the original recipe.
I also used 1/2 cup of cheese instead of a full cup.
We were fine with these changes!
This recipe was 10 points for a quarter of the pan and I counted it towards 2 veggie servings!
It was a bit salty to me so I would give it a 4 and think about using less boullion.

No comments:

Post a Comment