Sunday, September 26, 2010

Cornflake Chicken

Originally I was looking for a sweet, dessert recipe that used cornflakes. Then I stumbled across this one and figured we had to try it. Brian was a little reluctant, but I have to give him credit for being brave enough for me to expirament in the kitchen.


I'm happy to report that both Brian and Allison LOVED this dinner! Although I prefer my chicken grilled, I did enjoy this one too! The cornflakes gave the chicken a nice little crunch and gave it a nice sweet bite to it too. This is going on our list of "make again" meals.


Next time I will use a little less butter because I felt it make the cornflakes a bit soggy. I also used chicken breasts cut into thinner pieces and baked this for about 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.




2 eggs

1/4 c. milk
2 1/2 c. crushed cornflakes
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 chicken, cut up
5 tbsp. butter

Beat eggs. Add milk, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in mixture, then in crushed cornflakes. Place in 9 x 13 inch pan. Dribble butter over all bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Can use crushed Ritz crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment