Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Little League Tostadas


If you haven't checked out Becoming Betty's Blog yet, you are missing out! She must be my kindered spirit and we must cook a lot of the same foods because everything she posts looks so fabulous to me! I came across several tostada recipes lately and planned on making chicken tostadas but we have taco meat on hand so this one sparked my interest.


I am the only one who at this this way...Brian and Allison just ate tostada shell w/meat and cheese. These were FABULOUS! YUM. I had a little bit of everything left over so I'm taking this tomorrow for lunch too. I won't be the cleanest eater though as these are a bit messy. Doesn't matter though, they are worth the mess. I was leary of the cabbage on this but loved it way more that I do lettuce!!!


1 lb. lean ground beef
taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
1 can green chilies
shredded cheese
tostada shells
shredded cabbage
cilantro
lime juice

Cook ground beef and add taco seasoning and a little water. (I also added some refried beans and picante sauce to our meat). In a separate saucepan, heat up beans and add green chilies and a little milk. Combine shredded cabbage with chopped cilantro (as much as you like) and some lime juice to taste (I also added a little salt). Layer on tostada shell: beans, meat, cheese, shredded cabbage mix. Top with favorite taco sauce. (I omitted)

No comments:

Post a Comment