Saturday, December 18, 2010

WW BBQ Meatloaf

I found this recipe in my Weight Watchers 5 Ingredient, 15 Minute Cookbook. Since we made meatloaf in the crockpot last week and liked how it turned out I figured I'd try making this one in the crockpot as well. It was so soft and juicy, and the BBQ sauce really thinned out and almost made a sauce for it. The edges stuck to the pan and got a little over done, but personally I like the ends, so I thought that was the best part. I made this on my last freezer cooking day, and froze it in a silicone pan then popped it out when I was ready to cook it. I let it begin to defrost overnight in the fridge, but it was still mainly frozen when I turned the crockpot on in the morning. I let it cook all day, and it was ready when we got home from school!


1 pound ground round (I used ground turkey)
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided (I used about 1 1/4 c divided instead)
1/4 cup frozen chopped onion, pressed dry
1/4 cup Italian-Seasoned dry breadcrumbs
2 large egg whites
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine meat, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, onion, breadcrumbs, egg whites, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well. Shape mixture into a 7x5" loaf on a rack in a roasting pan. Spread remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over loaf. Bake at 375°F for 25 minutes or to desired dfegree of doneness. Yeild: 4 servings.

Points: 5

MY VERSION:
Combine meat, 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, onion, breadcrumbs, egg whites, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well. Shape mixture into a 7x5" loaf. Place in crockpot. Spread remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over loaf. (I used about 3/4 - 1 c) I would assume if it was not frozen it would cook on low for 4 hours or until cooked through. For me, it was frozen, and I cooked on low 10 hours. Yeild: 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment