Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fairly Healthy Fruit Pie

I got this recipe out of the Family Circle Magazine.  It's called Millie's August Piehttp://www.familycircle.com/recipes/comfortfood/reader-recipes/?page=1  It looked yummy, summery and I couldn't wait to bring it to book club.  I really enjoyed it!  It isn't a "typical" pie in my opinion, but I thought it was fairly healthy and even had a piece (or two!) for breakfast.  : )
Above is a picture of a cut piece of the pie, minus the edge crust because I sort of ate it off.  : )  The recipe says to use peaches and raspberries.  I used blackberries as well, but any other fruit really would work fine.  Also, I put all the peaches at the bottom and layered the berries on top.  Next time I would mix all the fruit together so it wasn't separated and maybe the pie itself would look "prettier."
1⁄2 package of 15 ounces of refrigerated rolled piecrusts
2 cups sliced peaches
2 cups Raspberries
1 cup Half and Half  (I used fat free)
1 Egg
1⁄4 cup Flour
2⁄3 cup Sugar (next time I'd use 1/2 sugar / 1/2 splenda)
1⁄2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon Salt 

Heat oven to 400'


Fit piecrust into a 9" pie dish. Place fruit in pie crust and spread evenly.
In small bowl,combine hak and half,egg,sugar,flour,cinnamon and salt;stir till well blended. Pour over fruit.
Place pie in oven and bake for 50 mins or till center is set. Cool completely on wire rack before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment