Sunday, July 25, 2010

Not a WW recipe: Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I'm sure CAKE COOKIES is not a new recipe to most people.  I've made them twice in the last couple of weeks and let me tell you why these are one of my new favorite, go-to recipes...
1.  You use any flavor of cake mix as the base (we always have something on hand)

2.  You can add anything you have in the house to these!

The first time I made this I used a yellow cake mix with chocolate chips.  This last time I used devil's food cake mix with german chocolate squares that I chopped up into "chunks."  I would really like to do a devil's food cake with chopped maraschino cherries and chocolate chips (and maybe walnuts!), but I'd be the only one in the house who ate these and I'd eat the entire batch myself. 

Of course we ate all of these before I even thought to take a picture so the photo is courtesy of http://gimmesomeoven.com/chocolate-chocolate-chip-cookies-double-chocolate-chip-cookies/
as it looks just like the ones I made.  (THAT IS NOT THE RECIPE THOUGH).

I lightened up this recipe by using applesauce in it too...

1 box cake mix (any kind/flavor)
2 eggs
1/4 c vegetable oil

1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
1 c any add in (choc chips, chopped chocolate, nuts, etc)

Mix all ingredients together and drop by rounded tablespoon on to a lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake 375 degrees for 8-9 minutes.  (I find 9 is best).  Let cool on cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes.  Then transfer to cookie sheet to finish cooling.  Good luck not finishing these off right away!  : )  Let me know what kinds of cake mix/add in you make!!

No comments:

Post a Comment