Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Diet Coke Sloppy Joe's

This is one of our favorite meals. It is quick, healthy, freezes really well, and is great as left-overs. And I always have all of the ingredients on hand. Everyone, including Allison, give this one 5 stars! Sorry there is no picture this time, but I left my camera at school by mistake!

Diet Coke Sloppy Joe's, serves 6
1 lb extra lean ground beef/turkey
1 small onion, diced
1 c ketchup
1 can Diet Coke
about 1 tbsp minced garlic (I don't measure, I just throw it in!)
salt and pepper, to taste
light hamburger buns

Brown the meat and onion. Add the ketchup, diet coke, minced garlic, salt and pepper. Cook on low med-high heat for about 20 minutes or until the "sauce" has reduced down and thickened. (I love green peppers, but my family doesn't so I don't put it in, but I think it would taste GREAT added in!)

WW points: (if using light buns) 3 per sandwich! ~Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Tracy! I want to give this one a try...however, I never have Diet Coke in the house I am trying to cut caffiene and fake sugars out... man is water getting BORING!

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete