Sunday, February 21, 2010

One We Agree On!!!

Chicken Pizza Pockets

Well I spoke too soon, we've had these before and I thought Curt loved them but he gave it only a three and I give it a five, love this soooooo much! I hope you try it!


1 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1" pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil-- I used only 1 TBS to save points
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
16 pepperoni slices--I used the turkey pepperoni slices instead and 1 and 1/2 it
1 small green pepper, julienned-- don't know what julienne means so I cut it small
1 small onion, sliced--I'm lazy so I bought the pre-chopped container and used half of it
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 tea oon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella--this is really to taste and we used the reduced fat cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan --this is to taste as well to lower points

In large bowl combine first 11 ingredients. Coat 4 pieces (12" squares) of aluminum foil with cooking spray. Place 1/4 of chicken mixture in center of each square. Fold foil over mixture and seal tightly. Cook covered over medium-hot coals for 15-18 minutes. Carefully open and sprinkle with tomatoes and cheese. Grill 2 minutes longer.


So we did tried ours in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then we topped with cheese and tomatoes for another 5 minutes in the oven. That wasn't long enough so I would say 450 degrees for 30 minutes or 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Weight Watchers points for the ingredients I used was about 7 a packet depending on the amount of chicken you use. Chicken breast is about 1 point an ounce so you can easily lower the points that way and totally bulk it up with more veggies you may like. I think this would have one vegetable serving for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever try this reheated for lunch?? Brian would never eat it, but it sounds good to me! What do you normally serve it with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, I have never had leftovers when we've made it...we either eat it all or we half it when making :)

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete