Thursday, February 18, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner

Well I'm not as on top of things as Jaime is, so there are no pictures for this recipe. I'll try to do better next time!!

Last night I made Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner. I put the crockpot on a timer for the first time ever, and had it turn on one hour after I left for the day. For those of you who are leary of doing this, it went just fine. Due to Ash Wednesday, I wasn't able to eat this hot and fresh yesterday. But I did try it for breakfast since I wanted to post my own thoughts on this, and not just rely on Brian. Brian gave it 4 stars and even took the left overs for lunch today (which he said also reheated nicely). Allison gave it 3 stars. She wasn't a fan of the potatoes or the sauce, but she ate the chicken! And neither of them ate the carrots...no shock there!!

Serves 4
Ingredients:
6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks

4 medium carrots, cut into pieces
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halved
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted. (I used cream of celery)
1/8 tsp garlic salt
2-4 tbsp mashed potato flakes, optional (I did not need this!!)

Place potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker. Top w/chicken.
Combine both of the soups and the garlic salt. Pour over the top of the chicken.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

To thicken, if desired, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30 minutes longer.


I used 1 chicken breast per person, as I didn't think the original recipe was going to be enough for us. I used the healthy request "cream of" soups and used cream of celery soup, since Brian is allergic to mushrooms. I also did not need the potato flakes. The sauce was definitely creamy enough! This is defintely going into my "make again" recipe collection...hopefully I'll think to make it on a night that I can actually eat it!

If I figured out the ww points right, it is 7 points per serving.

PS...if you have not gotten/tried the slow cook liners yet, you are missing out!! Clean up is SO much easier with those!!
~Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment