Saturday, February 27, 2010

Zesty Stuffed Peppers... A Guest Post from Jodi

So Curt's away for the weekend and it gives me a chance to eat what I like! I ordered Chinese one night and tonight had Jodi's stuffed peppers. I've had these before but never saw them made...I thought you had to be a rocket scientist to make these things but stuffing them is actually easy to do so this is a recipe that is "doable" for me. There is one left over for Curt to try to see if it's "permissable" for dinner :)


6 medium pepers; top and seeds removed
1 lb ground beef
1/4 c chopped onions
1 can (11oz) corn; drained
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 cup rice, cooked
1/4 c steak sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Cook peppers in boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes; rinse in cold water.
2. Brown ground beef and onion; add corn, tomato sauce, rice, steak sauce, salt and pepper.
Mix well
3. Stuff mixture into peppers; place in baking dish.
4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees until peppers are done and feeling hot.

Yum! Yum! Yum! I would give it 4 stars as well as Jodi. It's super close to a 5 for me but it tasted like steak sauce to me so you could lessen that amount if you don't like steak sauce.

With the meat we used (ground beef 80%, 20% lean) these peppers were 7 points. You could way cut it down with the right meat though!

2 comments:

  1. I love stuffed peppers. Your recipe has a lot more in it than mine (I think ours are dry! Sorry mom!), so I'll try these next time...maybe minus the steak sauce though (not my favorite flavor!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Tracy I just had the left over pepper and it tasted way less A1 than yesterday. I don't know if the other one was more drenched or if something happens overnight to soak up the taste. I think the A1 is what makes it "zesty" so I will keep it in for us next time but only do 1/8th a cup.

    ReplyDelete