Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another way to make pot roast

Sorry, no picture this time, I forgot to take one because we started eating it right away!  This one cooked all day while I was at work and smelled delicious when I walked in the door.  Mmmmm.  What a way to end your work day!  I found this recipe in my fix-it and forget it cookbook. 

Easy Pot Roast and Veggies
Serves 4

2.5 lb chuck roast
4 medium potatoes, quartered

Baby carrots and celery (as much as you like)
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
3 c water
Put potatoes, carrots and celery on the bottom of the slow cooker.  Put the roast on top. 
Add onion soup mix and water.

Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

Brian and I both gave this 4 1/2 stars.  This is 1 pt per oz of meat (not including veggies or potatoes)

No comments:

Post a Comment