Tuesday, April 13, 2010

McCormick the helper! (BBQ pulled pork)

I decided to try one of the slow cooker seasoning packets that McCormick sells.  So I got the BBQ Pulled Pork because 1. I've never tried it and 2. Pork is very inexpensive.

This isn't the lightest/healthiest meal, but it wasn't horrible on points either.  And Brian and I both enjoyed this, and gave it 4 stars.  In an effort not to use points, I served these on Arnold's Thins.  I've decided that I like eating pork NOT on bread...unless it's super crusty french bread. 

1 pkg McCormick Shredded BBQ Pork seasoning
3 lbs boneless pork shoulder roast, well-trimmed
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 c cider vinegar

Place pork in slow cooker.  Mix remaining ingredients together and pour over pork.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.  Shred pork, using 2 forks.  Return pork to slow cooker.  Mix and heat w/sauce before serving. 

We will definitely try this, as well as their other slow cooker packets again.

1 comment: