Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chicken and Rice

This is one recipe my mom makes that I can eat the whole pan myself...well maybe just the rice part!  I altered it a bit from the original just to make it healthier.  There is no picture for this one either, but that's because I don't think this is a "pretty" meal and don't want to discourage anyone from making it. : )

3-4 chicken breasts
1 c uncooked rice (I used brown)
2 cans cream of ____ soup (chicken, celery, mushroom) (I used 1 1/2 cans b/c I didn't have any healthy request ones on hand and wanted to cut down the points)
1/2 c water
Margarine (I used spray butter)
Flour

Spray and 8x8 pan w/non stick spray. 
In a small bowl combine the soup mixes and the uncooked rice.  (There is supposed to be 1 tbsp melted butter mixed in too, but I omitted)  Pour mixture onto the bottom of the casserole pan.  Put chicken breasts on top of rice mixture.  Shake a little flour on top on each chicken breast.  Put a small pat of butter on top of each chicken breast (I just sprayed each one w/spray butter).  Drizzle 1/2 c water over entire casserole.  Cover with foil and bake at 275 degrees for 3-3 1/2 hours. 


For my version, 1/4 of the rice and 1 chicken breast was 6 points.  I could have eaten ALL the rice though, I love it!  Brian, Chloe and I each gave this 4+ stars.  Allison didn't want the rice because it has "frosting" on it.  : )

1 comment:

  1. Put this one on our list for the week as well! Now just two more...

    ReplyDelete