Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spin off to Jaime's Burritos (shredded chicken burritos)

We really loved Jaime's easy beef burritos, so that inspired me to try making it with chicken. So I mixed salsa and chicken breasts in the crockpot, and then shredded the chicken.  I really enjoyed this meal and gave it 4 stars, Brian wasn't as big of a fan and gave it 3 stars.  But he just ate chicken and tortilla...so I don't blame him! 


Here's what I did:
In a crockpot combine
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 jar salsa (I used mild but next time would try medium)
1/2 c water
Cook on low for 8-10 hours (I cooked ours for 10).  Remove from crockpot and shredd chicken.  Eat in flour or corn tortilla and top with desired toppings.  I ate it with salsa, black beans, corn, ff cheese and sour cream.  Next time I would make sure we have some cilantro on hand too!!  The points for this would depend on the shells and toppings you use.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm....I wonder if Curt would like shredded chicken...I will have to ask him. Looks good Tracy!

    ReplyDelete