Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chicken and Spinach Lasagna

Serves 6
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 (14.5 oz) can of Italian diced tomatoes
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 T Italian Seasoning
1 cup cottage cheese (low or no-fat okay)
4 oz cream cheese--fat free
1 egg --egg beathers
1 1/2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess water
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
6 uncooked whole wheat lasagna noodles
1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese --low fat

Combine chicken, tomato sauce, seasoning, and tomatoes (not drained) in a medium mixing bowl. In another bowl, mix the cottage cheese, cream cheese, egg, spinach, and Parmesan cheese together until well mixed. In a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker, spoon about 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of the crock. Place 1 1/2 noodles on top of the tomato sauce then layer the cheese mixture, noodles, and tomato sauce 3 times. Top with the grated Mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 hours. Dig down deep with serving spoon to get all the layers.
So a sixth of this equaled 8 points with the items I used. However, I used a whole pound of chicken precut for a stirfry 'cuz I'm lazy like that. I even looked for the Tyson pre-cooked chicken cubes but our Sentry didn't have any! Bummer.
I enjoyed this. Curt shocked the "you know what" out of me. I thought he would be so upset by this recipe because of the spinach...it's a food that he refuses to try. Anyways, he gave it a 4+, I gave it a 3+, (needed more cheese for me), my five year old niece gave it a 1, and my 11 year old niece gave it a 4 as well. Josie said yum to the chicken and nothing else :)

No comments:

Post a Comment