Friday, April 9, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken

So I know all of us are Chinese fans so I thought I'd make a "healthy" attempt at Chinese food.
Let me tell you; it smells delicious, it looks delicious, it TASTES delicious.
TRY THIS ONE LADIES!!

Serves 4
4 chicken breasts
1 cup Catalina or Russian dressing --Light version
1/2 pint apricot jam --Simply Fruit brand
1 pkg onion soup mix
Place chicken in crockpot and combine other ingredients and pour over the top of the chicken. Cook on high for 3 hours and serve over rice.
So this ended up being 12 points but that's for a chicken breast that is 6 oz each and for a fourth of the sauce. I ended up counting it as 8 pts because of 6 for the chicken and 2 for sauce because I didn't add any extra sauce besides what was on the chicken; so I think that's fair, right?
Curt loved it and he refuses to eat Chinese. He has ate Chinese for me twice; once on Valentine's Day when we were dating and still trying to impress each other and one other time after a big fight and he was trying to make peace :) He gives it a 4 and me a 4+; I missed the small bits of chicken instead of a breast and I did missed the friedness. But I will definetly make again because of the simplicity.

1 comment:

  1. Did you happen to eat this as leftovers/reheated?? Brian would never eat this one but that looks like it would be good so I'd take it for lunch. I wonder if it reheats well?

    ReplyDelete