Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mexican Lasagna

Ingredients:
1/2 lb lean hamburger meat, browned and drained
8 oz can of tomato sauce
1/2 packet taco seasoning- Low sodium
1 cup refried beans-- fat free
2 cups cheddar cheese-- reduced fat
3 10 inch tortillas, cut up into 1 inch squares --high carb for 1pt each


photo while in the slow cooker


Mix meat, tomato sauce, taco seasoning in medium bowl.
Spread refried beans on bottom of 3 quart slow cooker.
Layer meat sauce, cheese and tortillas 2 or 3 times.
Cook on low for 4 hours.
Serves 4.
This was a success! I wasn't sure because Curt does not like refried beans but I LOVE them! We both gave this 4 stars. I think if I would have had more toppings like lettuce, onion in the house I would have jumped up to a 5.
With the list above this is 7.5 points for a quarter of the pot. I love bulky food!

No comments:

Post a Comment