Thursday, March 4, 2010

Can you turn on the crockpot? Then you can make this meal!!

Yep, that's right, ANYONE can make this meal.  It is beyond easy and takes no time at all!  It's called "So you forgot to defrost!"  and I got this recipe out of my Fix-it and Forget it Cookbook.  All credits go to Mary Seielstad who submitted the recipe.  Thanks Mary!

Brian gave it 4 stars (he says unless he's eating dessert for dinner it probably won't get a 5), I gave it 3 1/2-4.  I thoroughly enjoyed it, but isn't something I'd plan to make weekly.  I served it with brown rice, mixed veggies and applesauce.  No hard work in the kitchen today!! 

Now if you're like me, it looks nice to start with but I cut up everything and mix it into one gigantic pile...delicious!!  Even sick-with-an-ear-infection, toothless Chloe enjoyed it.  And Allison told me I was a good cook...pat on the back, mini bow!

Here's the recipe:
6 boneless, skinless frozen chicken breast halves (I used 3 and I didn't half anything.  Open package, dump in!)
2 10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup (I used 2 cans of healthy request)
4 oz cans sliced mushrooms (we omitted)
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Place frozen chicken in slow cooker.  Mix together soups, mushrooms, salt and pepper.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours.  Serve over rice. Now this is where you also use the slow cook liners that I told you about...clean up in non-existent!!!

For my dinner (just the chicken and rice) the ww points are as follows:  3/4 c brown rice (3 pts), 1 market day chicken breast (2 pts), 1/4 c healthy request cream of chicken soup (1 point).  That's right, dinner was 6 points.

No comments:

Post a Comment