Monday, March 15, 2010

Easy Peasy Beef Burritos

Now this is my kind of cooking! I had two ingredients and that's it...WOOHOO like the lady from the O.C. This smelled great as soon as I walked in the door. I honestly forgot about it while at school and then on the ride home...the what's for dinner conversation started in my head...then I remembered it was done and in the slow cooker! This recipe was taken from http://www.365daysofcrockpot.blogspot.com/









1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-3 pounds) Mine was only 1.78 pounds
1 can (28 oz) green enchilada sauce I used mild.
4-6 (8 inch) flour tortillas I used a high carb one for 1 pt each and Curt used hard shell.





Place roast in slow cooker. Cover with enchilada sauce. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until beef begins to fall apart. Mine was closer to 9 hours and it was fun. Shred beef and serve in tortillas with lettuce, cilantro, tomato, cheese and sour cream, if desired. I so desired and did. These were great; 4 stars from me and 5 from Curt. That guy loves steak and tacos so this rocked his world! So 3 oz beef equals 4 pts. The enchilada sauce was 0 pts for 1/4 cup. The whole can was 5 but since it just soaked in this and I didn't use any on the meat I don't know what to count it as...any ideas??? So your burrito could be anywhere from 3 to ??? points depending on the goodies you put on.

5 comments:

  1. Mmm! I want to try this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying not to grocery shop much next week. Totally making these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. So I made this today. I had a big roast, 3.5 pounds, and three 10 ounce cans of red enchilada sauce. Came home to a delicious aroma. Set up my burrito with cheese, tomatoes, and onions. And you know what? All I tasted was pot roast in a tortilla! Sooo next time, I will follow the recipe more closely. And there will be a next time. This was too easy not to do again. Thanks Jaime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and guess what we will be eating for dinner tomorrow? And Wednesday? And maybe even Thursday? 3.5 pounds is a lot o'meat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We made this tonight, Brian LOVED it! Actually, I really enjoyed it too. The cilantro, cheese, salsa and sour cream made it better though. Otherwise I agree w/Christine it was potroast in a shell. However the toppings (esp. the cilantro) made this taste like real mexican shredded beef tacos. YUM!!!
    We used a 2.5 lb pot roast and 3/4 of a BIG can of mild red enchilada sauce. Definitely making this again!!

    ReplyDelete