Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sour Cream Noodle Bake

So Tracy, if you make this...you will need chips or crackers crumbled on top :) Because after my first few bites that's what I totally thought! Curt gave it 3 and I was feeling 3.5 because it was cheesy and I love my cheese! I think the problem I'm finding with my slow cooker is it makes the noodles too mushy...so it's too soft. Are you girls finding that?

8 oz SmartWise penne noodles, cooked and drained
1 lb ground turkey (extra lean), cooked and drained
1/4 tsp garlic salt
2 cans tomato sauce
pepper to taste
1 cup light sour cream
1 cup light cottage cheese
reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese to top for your liking
This was before it was all mixed up and cheese sprinkled on top.
(sorry for the blurry pic)
Combine meat, garlic salt, tomato sauce and pepper in a bowl. Combine sour cream and cottage cheese in a separate bowl. Layer half of noodles, sour cream mixture, and meat mixture in 3 quart slow cooker. Repeat. Cook on low for 3 hours. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
1 cup = 6.5 points
There were about 6 cups all together in the pot.

2 comments:

  1. We'll totally try this, but I'll substitute ricotta for the cottage cheese (see tomorrow's post for reasoning!). I agree, the already cooked noodles will certainly keep cooking in the slow cooker. I will either only cook these 3/4 of the way, or not make this in the crockpot. And definitely add chips on top. : ) Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do you think if we put the noodles in raw it would still turn out? In theory their is moisture from the tomato sauce right?

    ReplyDelete