Sunday, March 7, 2010

Easy Chicken Bake

Curt found this recipe on the back of a StoveTop Stuffing Box so we gave it a try.

Recipe
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken (We used the low sodium version)
1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup (We used Healthy Request version)
1/3 cup Breakstone’s or Knudsen Sour Cream (We used the low-fat version of Daisy)
1 bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package; set aside.
Mix chicken, soup, sour cream and vegetables in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with the stuffing.
Bake 30 min or until chicken is cooked through.
Curt gave it 4 stars and I give it 3.5 or so. I liked it but really just wanted more mac n cheese.
This would serve 6 as well and I came up with 8.5 points for that serving.
There was quite a bit and the chicken was very tender.
You see the stuffing looks a little crispy on top...that's because I turned the stove off mid-way...not sure why and not sure when. So when I went to check on it the chicken was no where being done but the stuffing was. The chicken needed more time so the stuffing got a little crispy but not burnt tasting so all was well. I would make this again if Curt wanted it but it's not going to be one that I'll crave after.

No comments:

Post a Comment