Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chicken and Stuffing





Okay, so it's not very pretty.  Plain ole' chicken and stuffing.  Nothing special.  But it is ridiculously easy and tastes pretty good.  I'll sacrifice appearance for a no-effort dinner.  I got this recipe of the WW message boards a while back.  This is roughly 7 pts, but depends on your stuffing.

Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing (serves 4)
4 chicken breasts (mine were frozen, but you could thaw it first, cooking time will just go down)
1 box stuffing mix
1 can healthy request cream of soup (we've used chicken and celery before but you could use mushroom too)
3/4 c water
Spray crockpot with cooking spray OR LINE WITH THE LINERS!  Add chicken breasts.  Combine the remaining ingredients and spread over chicken.  If chicken is frozen, cook on low for 10 hours, if defrosted cook on low for 6 hours.
Brian and I both gave this 4 stars.  The edges of the stuffing were very crispy (not burnt though) so the liners were very handy in not having to scrape the crockpot afterwards.  We even had a little bit of chicken and stuffing left for Brian to take to work with him tomorrow. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm gonna try this! I'm gonna try this! I love that it only has three ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This so did not turn out for us...the chicken was dry and the stuffing was super mushy. I must of had it in too long and maybe too much water? I loved how easy it was though so I'm sad because I would only give it a 2...but knowing it's ease is worthy of a 5! What did I do wrong?

    ReplyDelete