Monday, March 15, 2010

Spaghetti Pie

I found this recipe which was posted by Risa here: http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977288874  You can go there to check out the original recipe that was posted.  

Below you will find my version (I made a few changes).  I added some pureed veggies from the Sneaky Chef.  You obviously can just omit that though if you don't have it.  It is very easy to make and I put it all together last night so I just had to pop it in the oven when I got home from work today.  I love meals like this!! 

Healthy Spaghetti Pie
3 oz pasta (I used Ronzoni...I know, big surprise!)

1/2 lb sweet italian turkey sausage (2 1/2 links), removed from casings
1 cup pasta sauce
1/2 c low fat ricotta cheese
1/4 c orange puree (mix of carrots and sweet potatoes) --optional
1/4 c white puree (zucchini and cauliflower) --optional

1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 c fat free grated mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat a 9 in ch pie pan w/cooking spray.
Cook pasta as directed until al dente.  Drain and set aside.
Cook italian sausage in a pan, break up to crumble. 

In a medium sized bowl combine the pasta sauce, ricotta cheese, and the orange and white purees if using.  Add salt and pepper.  Add the cooked italian sausage and cooked pasta.  Mix well until all of the pasta is coated. 
Spoon the mixture into the pie plate and smooth the top.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. 
Bake uncovered for 25-30 min or until the center is heated through. 
Serve with extra sauce on the side, if desired. 


We all enjoyed this meal.  Brian and I each gave it a 4+.   To quote Brian, "This serves 4 normal people, or the two of us with some left over for lunch."  This was 5.5 points per serving.

4 comments:

  1. Think slightly undercooked. You want it to have a little bite to it because it is going to keep cooking in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making this right now for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So we made it o*ver the weekend. And we enjoyed it....used cottage cheese because ricotta was moldy :( Anyways...easy and you're right...I didn't love the meat either but Curt did. We used chicken italian sausages. De5finetly one to bookmark fo us. Sorry about typos...Josie's helping!!

    ReplyDelete