Thursday, March 11, 2010

Guest Post: Stuffed Pepper Soup

Mimi (my mom) came to visit yesterday and brought me some stuffed pepper soup.  I had it for lunch today and it was really good!  I'd definitely give it 4 stars.


1 packet (8.8 oz) rice (the microwaveable kind)
1 lb ground beef or turkey
2 c chopped green pepper
1 cup chopped onion
1 jar (26 oz chunky tomato pasta sauce
1 can (14.5 oz) italian diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (14 oz) beef broth


Prepare rice according to package.  Meanwhile, microwave peppers for a few minutes until tender.  In a pot saute onions and add ground beef to brown.  Drain grease and add peppers.  Stir in pasta sauce, tomatoes, broth and rice.  Heat.


This recipe serves 6 (2 pts for every 1/2 cup)


Personally, the next time I make this I would add more peppers (colored peppers too), another can of diced tomatoes to beef up the veggies, and a bit more broth.  The serving I had was not very "soupy" or liquidy.  I will definitely make this again.  Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment