Thursday, March 25, 2010

Oven "Fried" Chicken


The recipe is called Oven Fried Chicken...I definitely would not call it that!  This tastes NOTHING like fried chicken.  It does however taste like baked chicken...which is exactly what this is.  Nothing special or fancy with this meal, but it's easy, cheap and quick.  I have no idea where I originally got this recipe, but it was clipped out of some magazine, or cooking cook book. 

We liked this!  Brian and I both gave this 4 stars and both of the girls ate it, so that's a huge plus in our house.  And don't let that picture fool you!  I served it with baked french fries, but I ate WAY more than what is shown in that picture. 

1 c dry breadcrumbs (I used italian seasoned)
2 1/2 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
3/4 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Pepper (I used regular pepper)
1 c buttermilk (made my own w/skim milk and vinegar)
3 1/2 lbs chicken pieces (1 used 4 chicken breasts, and cut them into strips)

Pour butter milk into a dish and "soak" chicken pieces while you prepare the seasoning. 
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine breadcrumbs, seasoned salt and pepper.  Shake to combine. 

Put chicken into the bag and shake to coat. 

Spray a cookie sheet w/non stick spray (I didn't do this since my pan is non stick and it was fine).   Arrange chicken pieces, skin side up (no need since I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts).  Bake uncovered in 400 degree oven until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 1 hour.  NO WAY was mine going to take that long, so I baked mine at 375 degrees for about 25 min. 

Each chicken breast (or for 3 tenders) was 4 pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment