Saturday, March 6, 2010

Jaime/Jodi's Stuffed Peppers

We tried Jamie/Jodi's stuffed peppers tonight for dinner.  I knew I was the only one who would eat the peppers so I went with red, yellow and orange peppers because I enjoy them a lot more than green. 

I have some secrets/confessions though:

1.  I swear if anyone repeats this to my mom I will deny it...but they are delicious...and better than my mom's.  Shhh...don't tell her!! 

2.  I also added some "orange puree" (thank you Sneaky Chef, I love you!) But Brian, if you are reading this, I did not put any orange puree in yours.  : )

I only put in half the amout of steak sauce and corn, added a little more brown rice and also added more tomato sauce.  Let me just say, mmmmm!  Stuffed peppers and mashed potatoes, delicious!  Brian gave this recipe a 3, I gave it a 4!  Brian said he'd give it a 4 if he could put some tortilla chips w/it...can you tell me like mexican food??  I will definitely make this again. 

Since my family doesn't like peppers, next time I'm going to make everyone else's in a ramekin instead of a pepper.  I made one like that tonight w/some left over meat and Brian enjoyed it.  Thanks for the recipe girls!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG....it took me all day to figure out what a ramekin was! I was telling my sister about your post Tracy and I said yeah she's going to try it with some other vegetable I never heard of...it just clicked what it meant! So lame and I'm not blonde...I've gone back to my natural color :)

    ReplyDelete