Sunday, March 28, 2010

Nacho Popcorn

This one is from my Weight Watchers pamphlet this past week. It's online as well.



12 cup(s) 94% Fat Free Butter Flavor Microwave Popcorn
1/4 cup(s) light butter
2 tsp reduced-sodium taco seasoning
3/4 cup(s) Reduced Fat Shredded Mexican-Style Cheese
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place popped popcorn in a large bowl; remove any unpopped kernels. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter until melted; stir in taco seasoning mix. Pour mixture over popcorn; toss until evenly coated. Spread popcorn on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 6 to 8 minutes. Yields about 3 cups per serving.

*If desired, set out 1/4 cup each sliced jalapenos, sliced olives and diced tomatoes to be used as toppings for the popcorn. Serve with small bowls and spoons
(will increase POINTS value to 3 per serving).
Curt gave this 3 stars and that's what I said myself but I'm thinking about it not and would love to have it again so I'm going to give it a 4. It was definetely different because the popcorn was a bit soft from the cheese but I loved the taco seasoning on it. I enjoyed it just as much with the little extras too... a different spin on nachos but still just as good just not crunchy :(

1 comment: