Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It would be better with chips : )


I found this recipe on one of the WW message boards. I served this to Brian and my mom (who was visiting) and we all gave this 3 stars.  It's something we would eat again but not make on a regular basis.  However, Brian and I would give this 4 stars if we crushed some tortilla chips and added it on top.  Can you tell we like crushed chips on our food?  Yes, we do that often!  Chloe loved it though..well at least the part that didn't fall in her lap and she actually ate!
Texas trail beef macaroni (serves 8, yeah right!  Try 5!)

1 lb lean ground hamburger (I used ground turkey)
1/2 c chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 qt beef stock (4 cups)
15 oz canned tomato sauce
1/2 c water, as needed (I didn't need it!)
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried basil
3 c whole-wheat macaroni, uncooked (I used ronzoni spiral noodles)
FF sour cream, for topping
FF cheese, for topping

In a large skillet, brown beef with onions. Add all remaining ingredients (except toppings). Bring to a boil; cover, and cook 10 minutes, until macaroni is tender. Top with sour cream and/or cheddar.
For the ingredients I used, this was 6 points for 5 servings. 
Brian says this reheats well though.

1 comment:

  1. I like the sounds of it...I will give it a try... I love the title for the post though!

    ReplyDelete