Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cheeseburger Mini Muffins

Tonight I decided to make dinner for tomorrow so I can see how this recipe reheats, since that is most likely how I would do it during the school year.  Well that was stupid because tomorrow is Friday and since it is still lent, I can't eat this tomorrow.  At least I was able to try it tonight though. 

Brian is mad that he still has to eat this tomorrow (which I won't make him), but I don't know if that's because he truly doesn't like it, or because it's slightly orange in color (from the Ketchup) and is called "Cheeseburger Mini Muffins" and HE DOES NOT EAT CHEESEBURGERS. I intended to hide the name from him.  I was going to tell him they were sort of like doughy mini meatloafs, but he saw the recipe so my cover was blown.  Whatever...big baby.  : ) (I hope he's reading this!)

Anyhow, Allison, Chloe and I liked these.  They are actually an appetizer, but I think with the right side dishes, this could very easily be a main meal.  You can taste more of the dough than you can the meat...but that's probably why I like them.  (And I haven't figured out the points yet though, so we'll see if it's worth it at the end).

Don't judge the picture...these are NOT burnt!  It looks like it in the picture, but they are not!!! And the white circles on the front ones, that's the ff mozzarella showing through. 

Cheeseburger Mini Muffins (I halved this recipe since I had 1/4 lb ground beef left over from the skillet ole)
Makes 5 dozen mini cheeseburgers
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 c ketchup
3/4 c milk (I used skim)
1/2 c butter melted (I used I can't belive it's not butter light)
2 eggs
1 tsp prepared mustard
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (since Brian will only knowingly eat mozzarella, I used ff mozzarella instead)

In a large skillet cook the beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink.  Drain.

In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  In another bowl combine the ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard.  Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in the beef mixture and cheese. 

Fill greased mini muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake at 425 degrees for 15-18 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.  Refrigerate leftovers. 

So this came out to be 1 pt per mini muffin.  If you sit down and eat the whole pan, then that's a lot of points, but like I said before, if you served this with the right low point sides, this wouldn't be too bad. 

1 comment:

  1. PS...I really like these. There aren't going to be many left because I keep eating them cold out of the fridge. : )

    ReplyDelete